SharePoint 2013 August 2015 CU contains a bug, some fix and a cool new feature

Yesterday I blogged about a new cool feature introduced in SharePoint 2013 with the August 2015 CU. I just read about an annoying regression that makes not possible to add attachments to custom lists items.

Trevor Seward blogged about that some days ago, posting a workaround to fix the bug > http://thesharepointfarm.com/2015/08/august-2015-cu-error-file-names-cant-contain-the-following-characters/.

It’s a pity because as I wrote yesterday the August update introduce the support for the cloud hybrid search feature that is really cool and it also fixes some Office integration issue in Chrome that came out after Google introduced restriction in add-in functionality.

Ian Morrish and Microsoft blogged about that:

Shame on you SharePoint 2013 August 2015 CU!
– Riccardo

Cloud Hybrid Search in SharePoint 2013

I just came back from my Spanish days in Mallorca and looking through my unread feed I found an interesting post by Stefan Goßner about Cloud Hybrid Search in SharePoint 2013. (Ok, I also noticed that SharePoint Server 2016 Preview is available but I already read a tons on post about that and I do not have something to add about that :)). This is a new feature brought by SharePoint Server 2013 August 2015 Cumulative Update that makes it possible to search from Office 365 (or from SharePoint Server) both on-premises and on-line content.

You may already have read about something similar for SharePoint Server 2016 as the Cloud Search Service Application. Yes, it is :) (more…)